So Michael Vick was released from prison for underground dog fights and now is back in action. Within this status quo deal, lol, he will get a two year contract (1yr with option for 2nd) from my favorite team, the Philadelpia Eagles. Other teams were eyeing the fast QB, but many were not willing to gamble with signing him. There’s plenty of people who oppose and the backlash is growing, but I doubt it will stop his star power. It was said, Vick will not play until week 6 in season because of prior decision by the NFL, however, it looks like they are clearing the road to have him ready for opening (as backup).
In the past, Vick wasn’t the most accurate when throwing the ball and came into the league with merely just speed working for him whenever he did get playing time. He did develop gradually and was at the best shape before the arrest. If he’s back into that shape and has not lost some of his marbles in the pin, lol, then I can’t wait to see him this upcoming season. Eagles are my favorite team & a superbowl with a convict mite be a comeback story for your ass!
The only problem now is, the Eagles have two of the fastest QB’s and state they will start McNabb as Vick is just back up. But hey, McNabb gets injured almost every season, so expect some Vick playing time. Check out some of the new articles below. Mostly of him apologizing for the past and Coach Reid of Eagles giving info on why he made decision to sign Vick. Thanks and come back, we keep the good stuff! 😉
TOP TEN ARTICLES:
- Reid deserves benefit of doubt in Vick signing FOXSports.com
- Vick finally finds taker, signs two-year deal to join Eagles USA Today
- In a shocker, Eagles president Banner confirms Vick signing Philadelphia Daily News
- Atlanta Journal Constitution – <<Click here for current article
- Philadelphia Inquirer – <<Click here for current article
- SportingNews.com – <<Click here for current article
- NBC Philadelphia <<Click here for current article
- Michael Vick, fresh from dogfighting prison sentence, signs with … Los Angeles Times
- Michael Vick signs with the Philadelphia Eagles; three teams San Francisco Chronicle
- Agent: Michael Vick signs with Philadelphia Eagles CNN International
BREAKING DOWN the VICK Signing!
Filed under: sports | Tagged: 2009, contract, deal, dogs, donovan, eagles, fighting, football, gamble, inks, jail, mcnabb, michael vick, nfl, philadelphia, plays, preseason, prison, released, season, signs, sports, traded, trending topics, twitter, underground |