Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is HERE!
Apple is back at it, much anticipated from conferences this year that introduced everyone to Mac’s new OS, Snow Leopard. Great timing as Microsoft 7 is slated to come out soon. The Mac program has been lingering around, but the greatest update is upon us, Aug 28. The funny part is the price, as $29 bucks seems like nothing for all the features crammed into Snow Leopard. What’s the catch? You must be a prior Leopard user or it’ll cost $169. They also say it’s not good for business, but personal computers will love the new integration of programs similar to Windows. Just think Safari 4, Quicktime Player X, TextEdit, Mail, and iChat, now even better. It tweaks programs and makes speed a priority. No serial numbers when installing, browsers won’t crash just the plug-ins, and Adobe will be mad at the Mac’s PDF previewer which is rumored to be better. And lastly, Snow Leopard’s technology includes “Grand Central Dispatch” that makes the OS fast, reliable, and less problematic, by aiding each program’s processes with less chunks of memory. Sweet. To read the full nerd reports, see the articles listed below. Thanks for stopping by Twitter Trends at WordPress!
- See the InfoWorld slideshows “What’s new in Mac OS X Snow Leopard: For power users” and “What’s new in Mac OS X Snow Leopard: For office users.”
- Discover the “7 best features of Mac OS X Snow Leopard” — and find out “What’s wrong with Mac OS X Snow Leopard” for business users.
- Get all the details on the new Mac OS X in the “Mac OS X Snow Leopard Bible,” by InfoWorld’s Galen Gruman and Macworld U.K.’s Mark Hattersley.
- Analysis: “What businesses can expect from Mac OS X Snow Leopard“
- Analysis: “What’s ’64-bit’ on Snow Leopard?“
- Analysis: “Is Apple barking up the wrong tree with Grand Central?“
- Slideshow: “What’s new in Mac OS X Snow Leopard: for all users“
- Slideshow: “What’s new in Mac OS X Snow Leopard for office users“
- Slideshow: “What’s new in Mac OS X Snow Leopard for power users“
- Analysis: “Where the iPhone is driving Mac OS X“
- Analysis: “Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7“
- Slideshow: “The UI challenge: Windows 7 vs. Mac OS X“
VIEW Snow Leopard IN ACTION:
Filed under: Gadgets & Devices | Tagged: $29, 10.6, apple, apps, august 28, boot, conference, family, fast, full, google, in action, license, mac, microsoft, new, operating system, os, pc, pre-order, previews, price, safari 4, see, show, snow leopard, social media, speed, technology, time, updates, upgrade, video, watch, windows 7, working, yahoo |